An opportunity exists for an outcome driven community aware Senior Housing Officer in our Townsville Housing Service Centre. If you have a person-centered approach in your leadership style, and the ability to drive and influence change in practice whilst delivering, coordinating and supporting clients and team members, this may be the opportunity for you. You will have a strong focus on creating a positive practice environment to engage & build professional rapport with clients, staff & other key stakeholders whilst achieving outcomes. Your expertise & leadership will assist to provide appropriate direction, guidance & support for staff to provide a safe & secure service for people in our community requiring housing assistance.
Key to achieving success in this demanding fly-in, fly-out role, is your ability to quickly establish positive and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to collaboratively promote and implement a person-centered, outcome focused service delivery approach in a dynamic, complex and challenging remote environment. This role operates residentially on Palm Island on a fly-in, fly-out basis on a five days on, two days off roster with a flexible planned travel approach.
Your exceptional organisational, time management & strong safety focus will help you to prioritise & achieve positive outcomes will be highly regarded. Your customer service skills & knowledge of the community & social housing sector will enable you to:
* Assess & approve, high & very high need social housing applications & transfers
* Manage formal internal & external complaints & facilitate resolutions
* Improve customer outcomes through the development of effective professional relationships & partnerships
* Represent the department in appeals & attend the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
* Supervise team activities & exercise delegations as required
* Manage & assess properties, undertake property condition appraisals & inspections & provide advice on maintenance requirements
* Contribute to portfolio renewal plans & property developments
If your skill set, experience & career goals align with these role requirements and you're looking for a challenging & rewarding role, then we'd encourage you to apply for one of our available roles.
Applications may be used to employ or appoint to similar vacancies for a period up to 12 months after the closing date of the initial vacancy.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/320495/19
Closing Date: Friday, 06 September 2019