- Fun, friendly, hard-working and professional team
- Free on-site parking
- Close-knit team
- Previous bar experience essential
- Must be available Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights through to 1am
Excellent casual opportunities at our various bars for energetic, dedicated and experienced Bar Attendants who have exceptional customer service skills and fabulous personalities.
About us ...
Hosting over million visitors annually, Southport Sharks is one of the largest clubs in Queensland with over 55,000 members. Our facility offers a multi-purpose events centre, two restaurants, a café, five bars, 24/7 fitness centre, kids club, gaming facilities and free weekly entertainment, plus Mantra at Sharks - a 120-room hotel.
The team at Southport Sharks prides themselves on providing both members and guests with exceptional service, dining, entertainment and leisure experiences.
Well known for our friendly atmosphere, working at Southport Sharks is far more than just a job ... you will make lifetime friends with the ‘Sharks Crew!’
About the Role …
We are looking for experienced Bar Attendants who have bright, outgoing personalities and exceptional customer service skills to fill positions across our bars and ensure a high level of customer service is offered to our members and guests.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing prompt, friendly, customer focused beverage service to members and guests
- Processing beverage orders for members and guests quickly and efficiently, ensuring there are minimal waiting times
- Processing cash transactions
- Maintaining a clean, organised environment free of any hazards
As someone with previous experience in the hospitality industry, you will possess a passion for delivering excellent customer service. You will have a willingness to build long-term relationships with our members and will have impeccable grooming, presentation and communication skills.
To be successful in this role you would need to possess the following:
Essential skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to identify and complete needed tasks without direct supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with a range of different people
- Trustworthy and reliable
- High level of grooming and personal presentation standards
- Reliability and the flexibility to work a variety of night and weekend shifts, which may include public holidays
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of bar experience
- Cocktail knowledge and experience is preferred
- General knowledge of all beverage lines
- Current Qld RSA and RSG
- Experience in TAB and Keno would be advantageous
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in a group interview including a practical demonstration of your beverage skills.
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
No recruitment agencies, please.