Brunswick East, VIC
Assist the Chef and team in kitchen cleanliness and hygiene.
Must have a current Food Safety Supervisor Certificate, Covid 19 Infection Control Certificate.
Must be familiar with Food Safety Plans and their workings.
Knowledge of Dietary requirements and allergens.
Casual to part-time 9 to 20 hours per week
Job task and responsibilities
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and proactive chef or cook to join our restaurant.
You will be responsible for completing mise-en-place, serving meals, washing up and cleaning the kitchen after the preparation and service.
- Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required.
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications.
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
- Clean and organise kitchen and equipment in adherence to hygiene and safety regulations.
- Preserve and store foodstuffs using the appropriate temperature-controlled facilities
- Operate an industrial dishwasher, washing dishes and glassware by hand when necessary
- Unload dishes, silverware, and glassware promptly and store them in the appropriate places
- Carry out basic cleaning tasks around the premises
- Assist chefs and waitstaff as required, especially during peak hours
- Escalate major issues where necessary (e.g. safety risks, equipment failure)
- Other duties as requested
Part-time hours: 12 per week
Job Type: Part-time
- Cook: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certificate I - IV (Preferred)
- Brunswick East VIC (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: