Fire Safety Presenter (Casual)
COUNTRY FIRE AUTHORITY
The Country Fire Authority (CFA) is one of the world's largest, and most highly regarded, community-based emergency services organisations. We respond to fire and other emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whilst our firefighters are the cornerstone of CFA services, what goes on behind the scenes is just as important in helping to protect lives and property.
About the Role:
To support volunteer brigades and facilitate the provision of fire safety awareness and information to the community by conducting CFA's fire safety programs.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience in the delivery of community, education, engagement (or similar) programs
• Sound communication, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work in a team and with limited direction
• Ability to develop a deep understanding of CFA community safety advice and messages through structured training and self-directed learning
• Be available to participate in training and development and work on weekends, weekdays and evenings at various locations around the State (please indicate your availability in your application)
• Current drivers licence
• Current Working With Children's Check
When applying for a position with CFA, the key to progressing in the selection process is the quality of your application. Your application must demonstrate that you have the qualifications, experience, key attributes and skills required for the position.
Applicants must address the selection criteria outlined in the attached position description.
Your application should include:
• Cover letter
• Responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please note: (if internal)
• Transfers on a fixed term basis or higher duties assignments require the approval of your current manager.
• Only CFA employees are eligible to apply for positions that have been advertised internally.
Submitting your Application
When you click the 'apply' button you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details and respond to employment-related questions.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a National Police History Check.
CFA supports flexible working arrangements and is committed to being an inclusive, fair and child safe organisation for all staff, volunteers and the community.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: