Food Services Assistant
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Summary of the role: Working with a friendly catering team at Mercy Place Westcourt, you will play an important role in preparing and plating quality meals for our residents throughout the day. Assist our Food Services team to provide quality resident-focused care, including special requests and dietary requirements and comply with strict food safety and workplace health & safety standards.
- Casual position available
Located at Mercy Place Westcourt in Cairns
- Reporting to the Food Services Manager you will provide assistance with delivery, preparation and heating of meals according to individual residents dietary requirements
- Ensure dining areas and kitchen are kept clean & tidy and in a safe state at all times
- Ensure that all food safety recordings are completed as required
- Food Safety Handler certificate – Level 1
- Experience in large-scale catering and Aged Care is highly desirable
- Ability to operate in a team environment and prioritise during peak periods
- A passion for great food service whilst being customer and safety focused
- An understanding that producing nutritious meals is an important part of home life for residents (and their families)
- Demonstrated understanding of a person-centered care approach
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ At Mercy Health, we pride ourselves on our values-based culture, and offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self Mercy Health - our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: