Conference & Event Organiser
Conference & Event Organiser
Karstens Centres close the gap between internal event spaces and hotel conference centres by serving an event tailored service in professional Conference & Meeting Venues. Our services are fully dedicated to serving businesses and their absolute requirement for professional offsite Conference & Meeting space. Our singular focus has earned us the loyalty of many of the most discerning corporate meeting planners who entrust us to seamlessly deliver their most critical events. Karstens venues served a large number of top 200 ASX listed companies in 2019 and is also the preferred Conference and Meeting solution of many small/medium-sized businesses, law firms and associations.
karstens Conference & Meeting centres is a relatively recent development that is boldly shaping the future of corporate hospitality. We opened karstens at 123 Queen Street, Melbourne in October 2006 as a dedicated service to accommodate offsite meetings in a highly professional, productivity driven environment. Expansion quickly followed with the addition of our second centre in at 111 Harrington Street, The Rocks, Sydney opening in 2010. In early 2012 we added our affiliate centres in Perth, Canberra, Brisbane, Hobart and Adelaide to offer our clients a National solution. In October 2014 Karstens opened its Brisbane centre at 215 Adelaide Street followed in April 2017 with our Auckland venue in Queen Street and our latest venue in Perth, 111 St. Georges Terrace opened in November 2019. We added affiliates in New Zealand in 2017 in Wellington and Christchurch.
People are Karstens greatest strength. We're proud to operate with a select roster of consummate professionals who go beyond to deliver excellence. Our team is inspired to deliver seamless events and is empowered to anticipate our client’s needs.
About the role
As a member of our highly professional Events team you will be:
- Reporting directly to the National Operations Manager
- Contributing to the Karstens team overall goals and budget
- Delivering an experience that makes our clients want to come back
- Liaise with clients regarding their requirements for conferences, mediation, computer training, video conferencing and events to ensure the smooth running of their booked event and that their needs are pre-empted, met and amendments coordinated to the operations team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate events & conferences for our contracted clients and new Business clients
- Liaise with clients regarding their requirements for conferences, mediation, video conferencing and events to ensure the smooth running of their booked event and that their needs are pre-empted, met and amendments coordinated to the operation teams.
- Work closely with the operation teams to ensure correct details are communicated for each event such as-(event signage, start & finish time of event, event setup & layout style, event material delivery, etc.).
- Scheduling of appointments and conduct site inspections for clients to discuss their needs and outlining package options to meet these needs within budget.
- Handle any contracted and potential clients’ queries regarding events related services such as (special requirements for caterings & dietaries, room & equipment hire cost).
- Organising registration of participants.
- Participate and network at selected industry trade shows and events
- Maintain and update client files and event bookings including; Compiling, Processing and confirmation agreements.
- Seek and act upon feedback from conference bookers in relation to services.
- Promoting close team work and demonstrating and promoting the values espoused by Karstens.
Skills & Experience
- Proven skills in event coordination
- Comprehensive computer knowledge - Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point
- Strong overall communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent administration, timekeeping and professional skills.
- Experience within the conferencing, events and banqueting industry an advantage
· Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma OR at least 3 years of industry experience.
Salary & benefits
- $65,000 plus superannuation
- Ongoing skills development through external coach
- Perth CBD based
If you would like to become part of a growing and innovative company, please apply now.
Due to the past overwhelming responses to positions vacant, only successful candidates will be notified for an interview.
Karstens would like to thank you in advance for your application and offer you best wishes for the future, check out our website and video's:
For an exciting insight into our brand!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 per year
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Preferred)
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: