Stomal Therapist For Colorectal And Pelvic Reconstruction Service
Royal Children's Hospital
Colorectal and Pelvic Reconstruction Service Stomal Therapist
- Part Time, Fixed Term , 5 Years x 2 Positions Available
- Hub of the medical precinct & leading Children’s Hospital
- Fabulous employee benefits including salary packaging and onsite parking
The Royal Children's Hospital (RCH) Melbourne is one of the world's great children's hospitals. We are the major specialist paediatric hospital in Victoria and our care extends to children from Tasmania, southern New South Wales and other states around Australia and overseas. With a passionate, highly skilled and committed staff campus wide of over 6000, we provide a full range of clinical services, tertiary care and health promotion and prevention programs for children and young people. The Royal Children’s Hospital is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Click here for further information on our Commitment to Child Safety: http://www.rch.org.au/quality/child-safety/
The Colorectal and Pelvic Reconstruction Service (CPRS) Stomal Therapist and Continence CNC is a senior member of the nursing division, coordinating the management of stomal care and paediatric continence within the CPRS. The CPRS Stomal Therapist and Continence CNC will work with the Director of the CPRS, consultant surgeons (paediatric, urology, gynaecology) and paediatricians, the CPRS Clinical Nurse Consultants, the RCH stomal therapists, allied staff, and inpatient nurses to provide a comprehensive stoma care and continence service at The Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne. The CPRS Stomal Therapist and Continence CNC will ensure that a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary and coordinated service is provided to children and families with stomas and continence issues, whilst actively working to transition children to adult services. The CPRS Stomal Therapist and Continence CNC will also provide education and support to nursing, medical and allied health professionals within the RCH, and to kindergartens and schools, in relation to this complex patient group.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) administered through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Evidence of on-going professional development, as reflected in the Professional Practice Portfolio.
- Experience as a Paediatric Stomal Therapist.
- Experience in the management of Colorectal and Pelvic Reconstruction conditions in children.
- Relevant post graduate qualification.
- Experience with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Experience with the Stoma Appliance Scheme
- Experience with Epic (The Royal Children’s Hospital Electronic Medical Record).
- Post-graduate qualification in Paediatric Nursing
If you think you possess the right skills and experience we encourage you to apply on our website now!
Why work at the RCH?
That's what you can do for us, this is what we can offer you!
The opportunity to work in world-class facilities, alongside some of the greatest medical minds in the country.
We have 13 food and beverage options on site, a 24 hour gym, hairdresser, massage and supermarkets. We are surrounded by beautiful gardens and only a short tram trip from the heart of Melbourne city.
We offer discounted staff parking, salary packaging, an award winning health and well-being program and a fantastic team culture. We offer continuous learning and career development and let’s not forget about the Meerkat enclosure!
The RCH is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, all members of the LGBTQI community and people with disability.
Make a change for the good. Come and work at the Royal Children’s Hospital.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: