Food Serv/food Services
Wimmera Health Care Group
Junior Food Services Assistant
Food Services Department
12 month Fixed Term Part Time
(6 hours minimum per fortnight)
This exciting opportunity is aimed at school students aged between 15 and 18 to provide employment experience in a health care environment. This primary purpose of this role is to assist with completing general food services duties that contribute to providing a complete meal and catering service to all patients, residents and clients of WHCG in a friendly and pleasant manner. This position also includes preparation and delivery of meal trays and general cleaning duties. The positions become available on a regular basis as each current contract expires, the applicants will be contacted based on both submission date and days they are available to work - please indicate this in the cover letter.
Key Selection Criteria include:
- Effective communication skills
- Basic knowledge of food hygiene and cleanliness standards for a Food Services environment
- Basic understanding of food and beverage operations
- Pleasant and courteous manner
- Good interpersonal skills: can quickly establish a natural rapport with a range of people.
- Ability to manage and organise own time in order to meet deadlines.
- A willingness and ability to work positively within a team environment
- Food handling certificate
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience in cleaning procedures and the use of cleaning products within a kitchen environment
This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse clinical environment and join a reputable rural health service dedicated to the provision of quality patient centred care and to meet the needs of the community.
For more information about this position view the Position Description and/or contact the person indicated below.
Applications must be submitted online via e-recruit.
Further information on Wimmera Health Care Group can be found on our website www.whcg.org.au or Facebook page.
Wimmera Health Care Group is committed to equal employment opportunity and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability and encourages applications from people from culturally and / or linguistically diverse background. We aim to provide a safe environment for our staff, patients, residents and clients which includes supporting and responding to disclosures of family violence issues.
Pre-employment check: All applicants must be willing to undertake a national police check prior to commencement of employment.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: