Ed Support Level 1-range 2 - Canteen Manager
- Learning – developing critical, creative and reflective thinking skills and knowledge to maximise each child’s potential as independent, motivated and lifelong learners in a global world.
- Respect – valuing the differences, beliefs and abilities of others by displaying tolerance, good manners, compassion and care. Having regard for oneself and others, as well as the community and our environment.
- Resilience – having a belief in yourself and your own unique abilities and recognising that you are valued by others. Developing self-worth, flexibility, initiative and persistence.
- Partnership – embracing the development of cooperative, inclusive and supportive relationships between students, parents, teachers and the wider community to achieve common and shared goals.
- Responsibility – displaying self-discipline, being accountable for the decisions you make and the actions and words you use
- Honesty - being reliable, truthful and fair, while being true to yourself and others.
Chatham Primary School is located in Surrey Hills in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs with students drawn from a relatively small catchment area, with a current enrolment of 360 students.
Chatham Primary School fosters a supportive and engaging learning environment which aims to develop motivated students who exhibit positive attitudes to learning as global citizens.
We acknowledge the unique abilities of every child and encourage an inquiry approach to learning to assist students to reach their academic, social, emotional and physical potential. Through the delivery of a child centred curriculum we foster individual, independent, collaborative and cooperative learning and acknowledge and celebrate the efforts and achievements of every student.
Chatham Primary School is a learning community which fosters a shared partnership between children, staff, parents and the wider community. Our dynamic learning environment is based around our six school values and the core skills in numeracy, literacy, science and technology to help prepare our students for their global future.
A rich history of community spirit allows a connectedness to, and an appreciation of the past whilst building optimism for a sustainable future.
Our school values are :
SC1 Demonstrated experience and skills in coordinating and leading a range of tasks involved with the School Canteen.
SC2 Demonstrated capacity to supervise the work of other support staff and/or volunteers and to develop procedures and guidelines relating to the work area and associated regulations.
SC3 Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills and therein the capacity to work with key stakeholders including the School Council and the Services Committee of the School Council under the guidance and leadership of the School Principal.
SC4 Possess the technical knowledge and expertise relevant to the leadership and management of the School Canteen.
SC5 Demonstrated capacity to provide advice and support to the Principal in respect to the work area.
SC6 Demonstrated commitment to professional learning and growth for both self and others consistant with the school strategic plan and emerging philosophies associated with the development of the Kitchen Garden.
Typical Task Areas / Indicative Work Activities – Canteen Manager
- Provide effective management of the School Canteen and provide friendly service to the school community
- Maintain equipment and levels of cleanliness in the canteen
- Liaise with parents to formulate functional rosters for parent participation and provide effective supervision and appropriate training and assistance to canteen volunteers in the performance of their roles
- Coordinate daily operation of the school canteen and manage the preparation of food and counter services.
- Identify stock requirements and place orders with appropriate vendors on a regular basis
- Participate in regular stocktake, recording and reporting processes
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records for the canteen and associated catering operations including filing of ordering, receipt and associated documentation
- Liaise with suppliers to maximise earning potential for the school.
- Ensure food storage and handling is appropriate, hygienic and in accordance with the standards outlined by health controlling authorities within relevant legislation and regulations.
- Observe workplace Health and Safety Practices to ensure that the canteen and equipment is operated and maintained in a safe and hygienic manner
- Control the ordering processes and maintain relevant accounting procedures including money handling
- Complete other duties as directed by the Principal.
- Coordinate the delivery of Canteen services within the school.
- In consultation with the principal, determine and manage work priorities within the Canteen.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure effective administration procedures.
- Maintain school's records system, appropriate to the school canteen.
- Coordinate the implementation of requisitioning, purchasing and issuing procedures.
- Liaise with school staff as appropriate.
The Department values diversity and is committed to workforce diversity and equal opportunity in schools and all education workplaces. The Department recognises that the provision of family friendly, supportive, safe and harassment free workplaces is essential to high performance and promotes flexible work, diversity and safety across all schools and Department workplaces.
Victorian government schools are child safe environments. Our schools actively promote the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all school staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the school environment, in accordance with their legal obligations including child safe standards. All schools have a Child Safety Code of Conduct consistent with the Department’s exemplar available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/health/protect/Pages/childsafestandards.aspx
The Department’s employees commit to upholding DET’s Values: Responsiveness, Integrity, Impartiality, Accountability, Respect, Leadership and Human Rights. DET’s Values complement each school’s own values and underpin the behaviours the community expects of Victorian public sector employees, including those who work in Victorian Government Schools. Information on the DET values is available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/workm/Pages/Public-Sector-Values.aspx
- All staff employed by the Department and schools have access to a broad range of employment conditions and working arrangements.
- Appointment of successful applicants will be made subject to a satisfactory pre-employment conditions check.
- A probationary period may apply during the first year of employment and induction and support programs provided.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: