Warehouse Shift Manager - Berri
Uncork your potential
Accolade Wines is the world’s leading provider of New World premium, commercial and value wines – our Hardys brand is the most powerful Australian wine brand in the world! We sell our wines in over 100 countries and have more than 1,600 dedicated employees in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Europe, Asia, North America and South Africa. We make some of the world’s best known brands!
In this role
The Distribution Shift Managers primary function is to ensure the effective and efficient supervision of warehouse personnel, while driving warehouse efficiency and personnel performance in a manner that will ensure the team consistently achieve the targeted levels of performance, in the most cost-effective manner. To provide outstanding leadership, developing department personnel values and actions, which are consistent and supportive of the Company Values, and to continuously challenge, innovate and improve the department performance through the development of a Lean Culture and operational philosophy
Key accountabilities include
- To ensure all facets of the warehousing and transport of finished goods and dry goods are compliant with all legal and OH&S regulations, while excellent cross-functional relationships are developed and maintained.
- Be the Main point of contact for all AGV related activities during your shift
- Maintain AGV operation and faults/issues log during your shift
- To ensure that all departmental personnel are competently trained and have an effective understanding of our business, its processes, objectives, standards, measures and the impact their personal performance has on these measures
- Attend and input into warehouse related meetings, and liaise with other Supervisors and Management to ensure all operations are carried out efficiently and in the most cost effective manner
- Lead department in operating within the lean philosophy, ensuring continuous improvements across all areas of business process are achieved
- To actively develop team working within the department
- To monitor, maintain and promote safety within the department, ensuring compliance with all relevant policies and to train all personnel accordingly
- Provide regular feedback to all warehouse employees on their individual performance and adherence to current policies and procedures, including counselling for under-performance.
- To participate in the development of the departmental Quality system and to promote quality awareness and the pursuit of a right first time philosophy throughout the department
- To ensure department external and internal auditing requirements are satisfied and standards are achieved to meet external accreditation standards
- Facilitates and develops productive cross-funtional working relationships within the business
Other accountabilities include
Essential knowledge and skills are
- Previous experience leading a team of up to 10 in a FMCG warehouse environment
- Good computer / systems knowledge
- Understanding of Lean Processes
Required experience is
- A minimum of 5 years working in a warehouse – preferably automated in an FMCG environment
- An extensive knowledge of warehousing operations and how the warehouse process functions.
- Involvement with a Lean implementation program and culture desirable
Essential qualifications are
- Transport & Distribution (Warehousing & Storage) Certificate III or equivalent.
Physical and other requirements
- Recognise and conform to the company’s Occupational Health, Safety & Welfare, Quality and Environmental Management Systems. ISO 9000, AS4024, ISO 14000
- Recognise and conform to Accolade’s Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Recognise and conform to all other Company policies and procedures
- Regular out of hours conference calls
- Availability to work a rotating Day, Afternoon and Night shift is required.
Sound like your kind of drop?
Accolade Wines will provide the ideal climate and a hand-picked rewards package for you to make a difference in our successful and growing business.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: