Mining Shift Supervisor
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Mining Shift Supervisor to join the Mining - Open Pit team at the Superpit in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Goldcorp and Barrick Gold Corporation. This residential role is on a 7:7 Roster, working 12 hour day and night shifts. The purpose of this position is to efficiently direct and monitor operational activities in the Fimiston Open Pit to ensure that production targets are achieved in a timely and safe manner within the guidelines of statutory requirements and KCGM standards. Key accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring daily reporting of significant changes to any process or activity within the mining operation that may affect the schedule
- Ensure direct reports receive appropriate mentoring, training and skill development to meet safety and production requirements
- Ensure prompt and confidential handling of all direct report relations and performance management issues to assist in driving a positive workplace culture that reflects KCGM’s Values
- Provide daily reports on production performance and significant issues to the Superintendent to ensure appropriate communication of department events
- Facilitate and lead effective pre-start meetings by providing clear and relevant information, including effective participation in handovers with outgoing and incoming peers
- Engage crew members in effective problem solving, to help identify opportunities
- Address attendance issues, such as absenteeism, monitor leave taken by the crew and manage requests in accordance with the direction set by the Superintendent
- Conduct Safety interactions, QA/QC and audits of direct reports safety interactions
- Provide Emergency response support to incidents when required
- Monitoring of environmental and safety practices and procedures and ensuring completion of Job Hazard Analysis’s (JHAs) where required to minimise the risk associated with the working environment of Open Pits and Waste Dumps to employees and contractors and to comply with statutory obligations.
- Participating in safety investigations where required and ensuring that follow up corrective actions are completed and closed out in a timely manner to ensure the Occupational Health and Safety Act and KCGM safety standards are complied with at all times.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience operation of machinery in an open pit mining or quarry environment.
- Strong understanding of mining sequence process and activities.
- Supervisor experience, with performance management of team members, as well as enhancing team self esteem with the ability to coach, mentor and influence others.
- Intermediate computer literacy with ability to use integrated management systems, spreadsheet applications and word processing software.
- Must reside in the Goldfields region.
- National Police Clearance less than twelve (12) months old.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Exposure to a range of workplace safety systems.
- Dispatching experience.
- Leadership and Supervisory Training.
- Conflict Management Training.
- Current Quarry Managers Certificate.
- Formal Leadership and Supervisory Training.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “MR” Class Drivers Licence.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: