Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts
Cairns City, QLD
We are currently recruiting an experienced Banquet Manager to ensure the flawless execution of all events by creating memorable experiences for our guests. Your energy, drive and positive attitude will be contagious to all you work with and you will thrive on contributing to the bigger picture through your natural affinity for leadership You will manage overall operations for banquets, events and functions facilities with a key responsibility of maintaining excellent customer relations throughout the whole event process (before, during and after). Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager, this position is responsible for the day to day management, co-ordination and administration of the Banqueting and Conference facilities. Responsibilities: You will enjoy a hands-on management role, where you can lead your team to exceptional 5-star standards in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure the conference facilities are set up to the required standards set by the customer and the property as per Banquet Event Orders
- Maintain close contact with the Conference organiser at all stages of the event, ensuring guest satisfaction and quality of services offered have been maintained
- Attend and participate in banquet operational meetings to plan for upcoming events
- Be actively involved in the development and implementation of the conference facilities and sales & marketing activities
- Handle complaints professionally and confidently with the aim of service recovery where possible
- Stock ordering
- Staff rostering
- Training & developing banquets team
- Ensure levels of service are maintained as directed by the F&B Manager and Shangri-La brand
- Maintain a high level of leadership and delegation skills at all times, whilst also ensuring Team Members morale and teamwork are maintained at a high level
- Work closely with Kitchen and Sales & Marketing teams
- Work closely with in-house AV provider
- Minimum of 2 years previous management experience working in catering/functions/food & beverage operations within a 4-5 star Hotel/Resort.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to build and develop client relationships;
- Strong organisation and delegation skills with the capacity to work across several different events at the same time
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) experience
- A genuine passion for event operations management and a desire to progress your career
- Be a great person to work with, who is reliable, level headed and able to ensure continuous improvement through your ability to think outside the box.
- Discounted city car parking
- Dry cleaning allowance
- Duty meals provided in fully staffed and maintained staff canteen
- Career progression and development opportunities
- CBD location on the Cairns waterfront
- Accommodation discounts with the group
- Shangri-La Academy for professional development and learning
- Opportunity to transfer domestically and internationally
- Other Staff discounts, offers and more!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: