Casual Food Services Assistant
Cabrini is a Catholic charitable organisation inspired by the spirit and vision of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini and the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. This order was founded by Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini who was canonised in 1946 and later proclaimed Universal Patron Saint of Immigrants. We are a community of care, reaching out with compassion, integrity, courage and respect to all we serve. With more than 4300 staff, 1000 accredited medical practitioners and several locations, we offer a range of employment opportunities to start, continue or advance your career.
Opportunities are now available for experienced hospitality trained Food Services Assistants to join our Patient Food Service team at Cabrini Prahran (Palliative Care). These positions assist in the menu ordering, preparation and service of all food and beverages to our patients. Applicants need to be prepared to work a variety of shifts including day and evening shifts, weekends and public holidays as required. There is a demand for applicants to be flexible in their availability to work shifts across seven days a week.
- A current (under 12 months) Police Check
Requirements for the role
- Food Handlers Certificate (or the willingness to undertake at Cabrini)
- Knowledge of culinary and nutritional terminology including diet codes
- Sound commitment in providing attention to detail and service excellence
- A flexible approach to work and be adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate a great work ethic
- The ability to work as an effective team player
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Excellent personal presentation
- Well-developed communication skills including proficiency in written and spoken English
- Effective interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to build positive and professional working relationships with patients and colleagues.
- Experience in a food service industry or service industry of at least 12 months will be highly regarded
Please note previous applicants to this role need not apply
Vanissa Marday- Food Monitor - Prahran
• Salary Packaging
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Close to public transportation
Cabrini is an equal opportunity employer
Cabrini is committed to providing a safe environment for children
Compassion – Integrity – Courage – Respect
Police Check – MANDATORY FOR ALL NEW STAFF TO CABRINI
As per Cabrini policy, a mandatory copy of a current (under 12 months) police record check must be provided prior to the commencement date.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: