It Service Desk Supervisor
- We offer flexible working options and competitive salary and benefits, including 11% super and paid parental, volunteer and family violence leave
- We support our staff to grow their careers through learning and development and an organisational culture where we reward and recognise innovation and values, not long hours
- We’re committed to building an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that reflects the Australian community
- We’re the first bank in the world to own its own Conservation Reserve – which we use to protect threatened species and involve staff in conservation.
- Salary starting at $85,000 plus 11% super.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead, motivate and manage the IT Service Desk team to achieve individual, department, and Bank Australia’s goals
- Ensure the IT Service Desk team comply with Bank Australia policies and procedures at all times
- Ensure smooth and efficient running of the IT Service Desk 1st level support functions of the Information Technology (IT) Department
- Maintain and oversee Incidents and Requests to ensure work is allocated in line with staff workloads, capability and accountability
- Liaise directly with material and third party suppliers as required to ensure timely rectification of problems and escalate as required
- Ensure that all activities and tasks conform to Data Risk requirements as defined in Bank Australia and Data Action’s policies, guidelines and procedures
- Ensure appropriate training plans are developed and identify training needs for the Service Desk Officers and training is delivered according to requirements
- Contribute to and actively seek the continuous improvement of IT Operations in regard to delivery and the identification and development of new systems, processes and procedures to better customer service and operational efficiency
- Mentor members of the IT Service Desk team to follow and develop sustainable work practices
- On direction of the Manager IT Operations provide information as required to facilitate monitoring and diagnosis of support trends
- Development and maintenance of procedures relating to the delivery of Level 1 support services
- Ensure that daily duties are performed in accordance with policies, procedures and daily check lists
- Perform other duties consistent with the classification of the position, as directed by Manager IT Operations and Bank Australia management.
What you’ll bring
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment while leading by example
- A flexible attitude and ability to adapt and respond to a changing work environment
- Ability to prioritise workloads and delegate responsibility when required
- A Technical mind and the ability to solve problems
- ITIL Foundation Certified.
- Excellent understanding of various technology platforms including VMWare virtualisation, Citrix Thin Client, Windows Server, Microsoft Office
- Experience working with server based client computing environment such as Microsoft Terminal Services and/or Citrix Presentation Server 4 is preferable as this is Bank Australia’s chosen platform
- Excellent knowledge of current versions of Microsoft operating systems and server based Office products is a requirement as is a well-developed systematic approach to troubleshooting and fault resolution.
- Demonstrated understanding of Business Continuity Plan development, implementation and activation
- Ability and capacity to contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of Bank Australia’s voice and data networks and systems.
Bank Australia is an equal opportunity employer committed to sustainable development.
We encourage people from a range of different backgrounds to apply for positions because we want to reflect the diversity of our communities. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: