Food Services Assistant
Mitcham Private Hospital
Food Services Assistant
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Mitcham Private Hospital offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical, maternity and mental health services. Located in Melbourne's eastern suburbs, Mitcham has established an excellent reputation for high quality patient care, customer service and staff satisfaction.
We are for looking for hospital experienced Food Service Assistants, who are flexible to cover all shifts on a seven day roster within the our catering department.
Our aim is to provide a good support structure for our staff within a friendly working environment which enables the team to provide the highest level of standards and service to our customers (both internal and external).
- Distribution and collection of menus;
- Delivery of all meals and beverages to our patients;
- Sandwich and basic prep work in main kitchen;
- Washing of all crockery while maintaining high standards of service and hygiene at all times whilst working in compliance with HACCP regulations.
- Providing cleaning to all areas of the kitchen to maintain required cleaning standards
- Current food hygiene certificate
- Understanding of food safety programs
- Have a minimum of 12 month experience in a hospital catering environment
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and carry out written instructions in English;
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a customer service environment;
- Good Communication Skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of safe food handling practices.
- A reliable and motivated individual that is a team player with high standards and excellent customer service skills.
Benefits of joining the Mitcham team:
We value our staff and provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including:
- Staff recognition and reward programs;
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices;
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts;
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program;
Application Instructions Please apply for this opportunity online by clicking the relevant APPLY button provided within this advertisement.
Applications close: 6th October 2019
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in linewith our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: